September, 2015 will mark the 10-year Anniversary of Chances Dances, and in honor of the occasion, we are producing a 10-year retrospective that will showcase the work from 6 years of Critical Fierceness grant recipients and 10 years of ephemera and music by Chances organizers. As supporters of Chances Dances, safe spaces, queer artists, and art in Chicago, your support is indispensable in making this season-long endeavor of community-engaging art, film, performance, and archiving of Chances’ herstory to become a reality. We bring a decade of cultural work with us, have secured two venues at the forefront of Chicago’s art world (Gallery 400 and the Jane Addams Hull House Museum), and are working on additional gallery space as well as venues for screening and performances. The rest will be up to you.
If we reach our 10,000 goal, your tax-deductible donations will help fund:
- honoraria for curators and speakers
- reprinting and archiving of ephemera
- paying guest DJ, performer, and screening fees,
- publishing an exhibition catalogue
- operational costs of producing a show such as preparation, shipping, printing, lighting, sound, and documentation
- and of course, materials for artists to realize new work through project-based stipends and the continued sustainability of the Critical Fierceness and Mark Aguhar Memorial grants.
Thank you for your support!
Back to all posts